A High-Performance Surveillance Solution
The DCS-5605/DCS-5635 is a high performance camera for professional surveillance and remote monitoring. This network camera features motorized pan, tilt, and optical/digital zoom for ultimate versatility. The 10x optical zoom lens delivers the level of detail necessary to identify faces, license plate numbers, and other important details that are difficult to clearly distinguish using digital zoom alone. In addition, the DCS-5635
is equipped with Wireless N. The built-in antennas enable the camera to have versatile placement in more places without the hassle of additional wires.
Advanced Video Encoding
To maximize bandwidth efficiency and improve image quality, the DCS-5605/DCS-5635 offers real-time video compression in H.264, MJPEG, and MPEG-4 formats. The H.264 codec can reduce the size of a video stream by up to 80% compared to Motion JPEG (MJPEG). Thus, less network bandwidth and storage space is required.
Surveillance on the go
The DCS-5605/DCS-5635 supports 3GPP mobile surveillance1. A live feed from the camera can be accessed on a 3G cellular network using a compatible phone, PDA or mobile device capable of RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) streaming. This enables you to monitor your home or office space in real time even when you are on the go.
The perfect match for your network
Two comparable models are available depending on your unique network requirements. The DCS-5605 includes an Ethernet port, while the DCS-5635 offers both Ethernet and 802.11n wireless interfaces. The wireless model offers installation flexibility and freedom of wireless connectivity in difficult locations without the hassle of running Ethernet cables. The wireless camera supports WEP and WPA-PSK/TKIP for establishing secure connections to your wireless network.
Easy to install and simple to Manage
The DCS-5605/DCS-5635 can be mounted on a flat surface or with a metal wall mount. Manage and monitor up to 32 cameras using the D-Link D-ViewCam software. You can also set up automated e-mail alerts to be instantly informed of unusual activities. In addition, this network camera supports the Universal Plug-n-Play feature, which allows computers running on Windows7/Vista/XP to automatically recognize the camera and add it to the network. Sign up with the free D-Link DDNS service; assign a name and domain to the camera (for example, mycamera.dlinkddns.com). This way, you can remotely access the camera without having to remember the IP address.
- 10x Optical Zoom with Auto Focus
- Multiple H.264 Streams
- Pan and Tilt capability
- Micro SD card slot for front-end storage
- 3GPP Mobile Surveillance
- 4x Digital Zoom1
- Simultaneous Dual-Stream Support
- Multicast Streaming
- Motion Detection Recording with E-mail Alert
- Digital I/O Support for Sensors and Alarms
- Microphone port2
- Up to 30 Frames Per Second
- 802.11n Wireless Connectivity3
- WPS Support3
- Flip & Mirror Image
- Manage up to 32 Cameras at once
- Adjustable Image Size and Quality
- Custom Recording Schedules
- Event Notifications
- Upload a Floor Plan
- 1/4-inch Non-Interlaced scan Color CCD Sensor
Electronic shutter speed
- TSC: 1/60sec~ 1/120,000 sec
- Pal: 1/50sec~ 1/120,000 sec
- Color: 0.7 Lux / F1.8
- B/W: 0.02 Lux / F1.8
IR Cut Filter
Field of View (approximate)
- Horizontal: 51° (Wide) to 6° (Tele)
- Vertical: 40° (Wide) to 4° (Tele)
- Diagonal: 63° (Wide) to 7° (Tele)
- External audio in
- External audio out
- PCM: 8kbps
- WPS (DCS-5635 Only)
- 100-240 VAC
- 50/60hz, 0.6A
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- WPS Button (DCS-5636 Only)
- Internal Microphone
- Digital In/Digital Out
- Micro SD Slot
- Audio/Video Output
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 5.36in x 5.52in x 5.52in (136.1mm x 140.3mm x 140.1mm)
- DCS-5635: 1.88 lbs (855 grams)
- Operating: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
- 20% ~ 80% RH, Non-condensing
- NTSC: 704x480 / 352x240 / 176x120: 30fps
- PAL: 704x576 / 352x288 / 176x144: 25fps
- JPEG for still image
- IEEE 802.11n: From MCS0 to MSC15
- IEEE 802.11b: 11, 5.5.2, 1 Mbps
- IEEE 802.11g: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9. 6 Mbps
- Auto-select or Manual specified
- NTP Client (D-Link)
- HTTP Server
- UPnP Port Forwarding
- SMTP Client
- Samba Client
- DHCP Client
- FTP Client
- Windows 7®4, Windows Vista®4, Windows® XP4
- Internet Explorer v6, Firefox v3.0, Mozilla or Opera
- 3GPP Mobile Phone5 with RTSP Video Player
- 4x Digital Zoom enlarges an image by magnifying the pixels in a selected portion of the image by 4 times.
- Use of audio or video equipment for recording the image or voice of a person without their knowledge and consent is prohibited in certain states or jurisdictions. The end-user assumes all liability for compliance with applicable state, local, and federal laws.
- DCS-5635 Only
- Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended system requirements. Please contact Microsoft for details.
- The mobile device must be Internet-ready. Support Real Time Streaming Protocol (RSTP) and be equipped with a 3G video player such as PacketVideoTM, QuicktimeTM, or RealPlayerTM, and have Internet access.
- 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specification, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link Wireless N devices.